1.11.2015

Anyone Home?

Howdy there Cloud Eight fans! Happy 4th; be careful with those fireworks! What? Oh, missed the 4th of July apparently.

Well, a shout out to our fighting men and women then!! Thanks for keeping us safe! Huh? Oh, shoot. Wait, wait, just kidding - don't shoot me fighting men and women! I meant like, shoot, I missed Veteran's Day.

Well, I am at least thankful not to have missed Thanksgiving and a chance to thank you, my loyal readers, for sticking with me despite my increasingly infrequent posts these past couple of years. You guys are the best! Eh? Thanksgiving was 7 weeks ago?

And what's that? You haven't stuck with me? What do you mean blogs are passe? What is everyone doing then? Twitter? Snapchat? What the heck are those? Is anyone actually there? Hellllllloooooooo?!?!?!

Huh.

Well.

No one around. And who can blame them, I haven't been here myself. Heck, my profile doesn't even have the kids current ages!
 
So, it is just us, my last remaining reader. That is, assuming you are not simply here because you Googled naked Scarlett Johansson and I just wrote that - psyche!. I will assume instead that you are someone who enjoys the occasional blog entry capturing this or that about parenting. Or you are my Mom (Hi Mom!).
 
And if you do enjoy the occasional blog entry capturing this or that about parenting, I am glad you are here, as opposed to somewhere more "now" you could be. Way to be old school. I may be throwing in the odd fondue recipe or 80's music reference in your honor!
 
At any rate, dear reader, we are going to have some fun here at Cloud Eight this year. I plan to hang around more than usual. It is, quite frankly, nice to be back. We will laugh (hopefully), and we may cry (but only about bad things that happen to our sports teams); there will be kid cuteness (less and less frequent unfortunately, now that Owen is 11 and the twins are 8), and there will definitely be sports, bodily function humor and over use of the phrase "at any rate" to transition to the end of an entry.
 
At any rate (see what I mean!), thanks for visiting today. Think about subscribing, so that you don't miss a single 2015 post, at the low, low rate of free - see the subscription options to the right. While I will be around more, I can almost guarantee that the volume of posts emanating from CloudEight will not be crashing your server. And if you don't subscribe, peek back around now and again to see what is up here, say hi, or simply be disappointed again that there are no naked pictures of Scarlett Johansson. See you soon!    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a special place in Hell for those that falsely advertise naked pictures of Scarlett Johansson. Currently occupied by the former proprietors of igotnakedmoviestars.com and seeallofscarlett.com. Enjoy eternity with that crowd or redeem yourself by either making good on promise or publishing at least six Cloud Eight posts in 2015. Your choice - Beelzebub aka The Big "D".